Please Note This is a Pre-Order Item delivery from Australian Publisher.
How to help our boys become open-hearted, kind and strong men.
*Completely Updated and Revised Paperback - Publishers Simon & Schuster, Australia
N.B. 23 Apr 2018 - 320 Page Edition.
A word of mouth bestseller which has become one of the best loved and most successful books in the parenting field. With around 20% new material, Steve Biddulph’s Raising Boys includes some startling new research on what helps – and what harms – boys.
In this expanded and updated edition, Steve Biddulph shares and gives practical and honest advice to parents so they can recognise the different stages of boyhood and learn how to raise happy, confident and kind young men.
Boys need to be parented in a different way from girls with their own very special psychological and physical make-up. Home, society and education have failed boys badly – and these failures lead to unhappy men who cannot fully become happy, responsible, emotionally-confident adults.
While it is essential that boys spend more time learning about manhood from their fathers, Biddulph updates his classic, to include helpful information for mothers and single mothers with baby boys.
This extended edition explores some important topics:
• How ADHD may be caused by stress in the first year of life.
• Whether boys should start school later than girls.
• How important it is to let boys cry, and how crying helps avoid violence, suicide, and risky behaviour.
• Two completely new stages of boyhood we didn’t know about: the FULL ON FOURS and the EMOTIONAL EIGHTS
• Help for single mothers raising sons.
• How to choose a sport that does more good than harm.
• What we can do about boys and binge drinking.
• What science can tell us about teenage boys and driving – and how we can keep our sons safe.
Raising Boys in the 21st Century offers parents real-life situations, thought-provoking insights, humour and help. It is an essential book for those holding space for boys thoughts, emotions, & action development.
Steve says:"Right now, the world badly needs good men. Your boy can be one of those who grow up so much better, and help to heal the world. Thank you for joining the boy revolution. As the 21st century rolls on, it's badly needed. Enjoy your boy, love him well, and set him free to fly in his own special way."
- Paper Back Book: full 320 pages
- Language: English
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster, Australia (Ed. 23 Apr 2018)
- Printed In:
- Ethical Check: National Delivery | Paper/Card
About the Author
Steve Biddulph, AM, is one of the world’s best known parent educators. A psychologist for 30 years, he is now retired but continues to write and teach.
His books, including Raising Boys, Raising Girls, Ten Things Girls Need Most and The New Manhood, are in four million homes and 31 languages around the world.
Steve’s work has influenced the way we look at childhood, the development of boys and men, the exploitation of girls and the misuse of young women globally.